Thursday, February 24, 2011

R.I.P L.K Madigan

Lisa Wolfson 
Lisa Wolfson, a Portland writer who published two children's books under the name L.K.Madigan died Wednesday 23 of February of cancer. She was 47. 

Wolfson's first book, Flash Burnout won the William C. Morris Award, a national honor given by the American Library Association to the best book for young adults by a first-time author. It is a finalist for the Leslie Bradshaw Award for Young Adult Literature, which will be given at the Oregon Book Awards ceremony April 25. Her second novel, The Mermaid's Mirror was published last year. 

Wolfson was born in Portland and dreamed of being a writer. She wrote and illustrated a book called "The Mermaid's Fun" when she was 8 and showed pages of it at her readings for "The Mermaid's Mirror." She told The Oregonian in an interview in 2010 that she used the name L.K.Madigan because she didn't want to scare off "that rare, elusive creature, the male reader." 

Wolfson was a 20-year survivor of breast cancer. She announced on her blog in January that she had pancreatic cancer. "I'm not angry about the diagnosis," Wolfson wrote. "How can I feel angry when I had this gift of time? I'm not even afraid of dying. We all die, and I made my peace with that a long time ago." 
The Mermaid's Mirror

Flash BurnoutThis information was not written by me, I found it at a site called Oregonlive.


R.I.P L.K Madigan



Kind words from other people and bloggers...


A close friend and agent of L.K Maigan, Jennifer wrote on her blog a very sweet message about her client and friend L.K Maigan... 


Another friend wrote a nice poem and a few notes to her late friend on her blog, this was a beautiful blog post. *cries* just beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment